8.18.2009

ACV Rinse


Hey ladies! Over the past couple days my hair has been feeling really aquatic! Since Sunday, I've been co-washing everyday (I know it's only Tuesday but usually I wouldn't have co-washed until Wednesday)! After seeing more and more about ACV I decided to give my Bragg Organic Raw~Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar solution (1 part ACV: 2 parts water) another shot. I tried it about a month and a half ago and was not moved. In the shower, I put a little conditioner (Herbal Essences Hello Hydration) in to make my hair a bit more moveable and brushed it through with my paddle brush for even distribution. I let that sit for a little bit, about the time it took for me to handle my hygienic business, and then rinsed. Once most of the conditioner was out I parted my hair in about 1" sections using a wide toothed comb and used my applicator bottle  to distribute my ACV solution. As I was applying, my hair felt noticeably softer and silkier. So far, so good! I'm going to let it sit for about an hour with a plastic cap and then rinse it out and be back with the details!

"My hair plays hard to get..."-DJ


**************1 Hour Later**************

I'm BACK and I'm in LOVE!!! I don't know what I was doing a month and a half ago, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the outcome of my ACV rinse this time!!! Apparently, my hair likes to play hard to get with all these new things I'm trying. Set in it's ways. Well not tonight, baby! My hair is softer than I think it's ever been! I waited an hour, rinsed and applied the following products to my hair in the following order:

1.  Aubrey Organics White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner

 2. Herbal Essences None of your Frizzness Smoothing Conditioner

3. Raw Shea Butter


4.Sweet Almond & Jojoba Oil 

After applying very little of each product, I brushed through for an even distribution before continuing to the next product. Remember, oil is always last since it's what's going to seal in the moisture and other effects of the preceding products. Next I'm going to do a bantu knot set and allow my hair to air dry. I haven't used a towel to dry my hair in weeks now since towels tend to damage and break the hair. Tomorrow I'll be back with pictures of the final outcome! Until next time, happy healthy hair growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment