8.07.2009

Getting To Know You

"My hair said Girl, No!"-DJ

One of the most amazing things about transitioning is the serious relationship that you will inevitably find yourself in. No no no ladies, going natural won't land you 'the one', but you and your hair will develop a serious, serious bond. Today I had a little chat with my hair. It was pissed. Apparently, my hair does not like protein! Not one bit!! Protein treatments/leave ins are not our friends! Last night I did a co-wash, rinsed my hair and proceeded to put Hydratherma Naturals Protein Balance Leave-In Conditioner in my hair (obviously as a leave in). I let my hair dry over night and spritzed it this morning with H2O to get my hair manageable enough to do my transition style. About ten minutes ago I took my hair down and it felt as though I had wood glue in it! HARD as ever! I always wondered what the hype was about protein/moisture sensitive heads and now I know that I belong in at least one of those categories. As far as moisture goes, my hair seems to be responding very well to all the moisture it's been getting and hopefully that wont change. So if you're wondering which of these categories (if either) you belong in, don't worry..your hair will let you know with the quickness!! Well, that's all for now ladies! Until next time, happy healthy hair growing!!!

1 comment:

  1. My hair doesn't respond to 'defining' products in the same way. You'll see some curls, but they will shrink to about an inch or two from my scalp and be hard, not crunchy, but just not wavy. As of yet, None of Your Frizzness and Hello Hydration are in rotation, but I need heat for some softness. I know it's very un-natural of me, lol

    ReplyDelete