8.02.2009

Scissor Happy Intervention


"The celebration of me and the death
of conformity."-DJ

When I first became interested in the health of my hair, I first began by getting trims every 6 weeks at the hair salon. Not long after, I purchased my first set of hair scissors. Now, I've never really had an issue taking a pair of scissors to my hair. As a child I would cut a tiny piece of my hair "just because" and in high school I cut my own bangs regularly but NEVER would I dare give myself a full trim. That is, until recently. I've become obsessed! Any little split or damaged end I see has GOT to go! No hesitation, no demonstration..it's a wrap and that sucka can't stay! It quickly became a problem though as I was cutting my hair about every two weeks only to become frustrated with my short (but split free) hair. So in this process of transitioning, I've become super eager to get rid of these relaxed ends and just break free! However, I know myself well enough to know that a short hair cut is NOT gonna fly with me. My best bet is to just hold off as long as humanly possible to keep my swag in tact. And hence, the intervention of myself, from myself, by myself! I have set a 6 month no scissor challenge for myself which also means that I will be transitioning for a minimum of 9 months before getting rid of the relaxed ends. I had originally scheduled my next trim for the 20th of August but that has now been pushed back to January 30, 2010! I am super excited and eager to get on with this process!!! Every couple of weeks I notice more growth and more curl in my new growth. I love feeling my hair! My new growth is like the hypest party and my ends are like the saddest funeral. But you know what, that's exactly what it is. The celebration of me and the death of conformity.

I think I'll end this with that. :)
here are a few pictures of my hair; relaxed/wet transitioning hair/daily transition style



No comments:

Post a Comment