8.19.2009

My First Puff!

Successful puff, that is. After sleeping in my bantu knot set (picture below) I woke up the next morning and took them down and preceded to style them. Before seperating and brushing the bantu knots out I rubbed about 5-6 drops of my sweet almond and jojoba oil onto my hair. While I'm sure doing this had its benefits, I didn't do it for any reason in particular. Once my hair was brushed out to achieve the curly fro look, I twisted the front and used a knee high to do my puff and voila! I learned the secret to my perfect puff is high in the back and wide on the sides (if that makes any sense). Also, I try not to make mine too tight. My face looks a little awkward pulled back so in order to not look so...surprised..I make sure I go easy on the pulling and tugging of my knee high. Even though I didn't have a bristle brush to work with, a little gel on the sides really helped me to achieve this look. Here are a few shots of it (click to enlarge):








1 comment:

  1. you slept with all those clips in your hair !?
    girl i don't know how you do it.
    but i must warn you, wearing puffs often and/or pulling puffs really tight can make your edges!

    ReplyDelete