8.26.2009

Hair Envy!

Something that I notice in a lot of women who transition or are thinking of going natural is Hair Envy!!! Now what exactly is hair envy, you may ask? Hair envy is this right here: "Ugggh, I wish my hair looked like yours!!" or "When I go fully natural, that's how I want my hair to look." LADIES! NO! Don't play yourself! Hair envy is a one way ticket to creamy crack central because that's exactly what you're gonna do if you don't first realize that no two curls are the same! You may indeed possess the same hair type as another, but your hair is not going to look identical to theirs. I try my best not to fantisize about what my mane will look like once it's all grown out. I suspect that I will have a frizz problem, but even that I try not to predetermine. Don't be so judgemental about your own hair especially if it isn't even here yet! That's like judging a baby in the womb. Give it a chance. You might like it! Here are some pictures I found online after googling "natural hair", of naturals with all different hair textures. Enjoy!!










No comments:

Post a Comment