2.26.2010

YGY Pre Poo

Today I was sitting with my line sister discussing hair and my pre-poo came up, so I dedicate this entry to her. My lovely 61 who's line name is ironically Dark-N-Lovely. SKEE WEE MY SOROR!


As previously stated in another entry, pre-pooing is a conditioning step taken by a lot of women prior to shampooing their hair in order to prepare the hair for the harsh ingredients and detergents found in a lot of shampoos. A couple of weeks ago, I formulated my own pre-poo and tried it for the first time along with Organix Coconut Milk nourishing shampoo and Suave Humectants conditioner. When I first came to you all about these products, I thought that the Suave Humectants conditioner is what was making my hair feel so ridiculously soft, but last night I found that it was not! It was actually my pre-poo formula! Now, I'm not completely done playing around with the formula. I still want to try adding my Nourishing Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum to the mix simply because I love the product THAT much. But anyway, if you have these ingredients at home, I definitely recommend giving it a try. It's relatively cheap to make and one of the benefits is that you know exactly what's in it 'cause, well, you watched yourself do it! Anyways, on with the recipe:



  • 1 tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tsbp castor oil
  • 2 1/2 tbsp megatek equne rebuilder

  • You may or may not want to add the megatek but it adds a lot of protein to the mix which could be beneficial in the strengthening of you hair (as long as you don't go into protein overload). Whenever I do this again and add the Coconut Milk Serum, I'll only be adding 4 pumps which is what I usually use for my entire head (1 pump per section) any other time.

    So after stirring everything up, focussing especially on the coconut oil which was in a solid state when I did this, I applied about two or three tsp to each section of my hair. Whatever was left over was also used to saturate my hair afterwards. Once that step was completed, I put a plastic cap over my head and sat under the dryer for 10 minutes with the heat set to medium. After coming out from under the dryer my hair felt extremely soft and ridiculously manageable. I swear by this process! Give it a try and let me know what you all think! Until next time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!

    3 comments:

    1. i have everything here EXCEPT for the megatek. maybe if i can find it (hopefully if i can get to new york or virginia and buy some cause i'm not sure where to get it in montreal) i'll keep this in mind and try it.

      ReplyDelete
    2. well you don't HAVE to have it...i use it because it's hard to stay on track with my megatek challenge now that i've been consistently wearing my bantu knot outs. i'm sure it would yield the same results without it. matter fact, try it and report back to me in a trader girl entry on how it turned out! :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. I will have to give this formula a shot. I only 'poo once a month. I'm tempted to go ahead and BC now. I'm sick of the two textures and the tangling issues I'm having. Skee-wee Soror!

      ReplyDelete