2.18.2010

Hated It

So about a month or so ago I noticed my mother had a conair brush that looks a lot like my denman. Today, I decided to give it a try. Oh. Em. Gee. It was terrible! LOL, I will never go without my denman. HORRIBLE! It gave zero definition and it did a lousy job at detangling. In a word, this brush was useless. Also, I've come to the definite conclusion that my hair absolutely hates shampoo and all things associated with it. That rubbing motion just rubs my hair the wrong way causing endless tangles and more dryness than we care for. You'd think the solution would be to stick to my no-poo, co-wash only regimen but I can't continue on with that until I find a conditioner that does not have 'cones' in it. I've recently gained knowledge on 'cones' and what they do and I must say, I'm terrified of them. Basically, 'cones' are the ingredients in a lot of conditioners (herbal essence's included, unfortunately) that allows the hair to be slippery and easily detangled. Unfortunately, 'cones' are not easily washed away and thus coats the hair shaft blocking out moisture in the future. The only way to rinse these pesky wolves in sheep's clothing is to use a sulfate shampoo. Which brings me right back to my hair hating shampoo. See the issue here? I think I've found a conditioner that may be worth my while. HOWEVER, I am in product jail for now until I'm done/low on the conditioners I already have. So until then, I will be using sulfate shampoos bi-weekly in order to assure my hair is reaping the benefits of the moisturizing products that I use.

Know of any good cone-free conditioners? PLEASE let me know! Until next time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!!

1 comment:

  1. Try Henna Nourishing Hair Oil if your hair shedding crazy every where, essential oils strengthens hair, prevents hair fall & reduces thinning of hair & baldness. use less hair dryer.

    ReplyDelete