2.08.2010

Megatek Update

Heyyy! So as you all know from my "Sad But True" entry, I've been wearing my hair in straight styles for the past 2 months. Well, NO MORE! My hair absolutely cannot take this annnymore! After last week when I put my bantu knots back, I realized juuust how much I missed my curly styles and that's when I decided to do away with the straight styles and start my "No Direct Heat" challenge early. Now, what does that mean for my megatek challenge? Well, I'm not ending it..but I am slowing down. A lot. So far, since last Wednesday my hair has seen megatek all of twice. I've decided to use the growth aid only on my wash days(this includes co-washing). I'll be using the same method of parting in small sections and applying directly to the scalp as before. The only difference is I will not be doing it every single night as I did before.

Due to the fact that my ends are relaxed and moisture will simply destroy my bantu knot outs, making the relaxed hair fall straight, my Ends Saver Challenge will also be affected. I've pretty much decided to stop stressing so much about my ends for now since they'll be gone in May anyway. However, I do believe that the No Direct Heat Challenge will have a positive effect on my ends. The only thing is I wont be sealing my ends every night. Honestly, since I'm not using a blow dryer anymore, I don't think my hair will become so dry so quickly. When wearing my curly styles my hair is in contact with H2O a lot more often than when I wear my straight styles so I think that will take care of the moisture part.

So that's all for the updates with my challenges. Because I got really sick from air drying my hair overnight last week, I will be using my hooded dryer to dry my bantu knot outs while the weather is as frigid as it's been. You guys know we got 30" of snow here?! And another 10-20" is on it's way tomorrow. HA! Yeh, hooded dryer it is. My room is drafty then a mugg right about now and I hate being sick! I couldn't even go play in the snow! (big kid alert) Welp, til next time...Happy Healthy Hair Growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment