1.03.2010

Trader Girls

Tasha Jay

Hair Status: Transitioning since July 17, 2009

Tips & Tricks: ummm lets see that’s kinda a hard one. I don’t really have a lot of tips, but certain products have definitely made my transition smoother than it could have been.

  1. Silicon Mix conditioner and leave-in conditioner has saved my life. it is a light protein so it helps strengthen my hair especially at the line of demarcation. It also has helped with detangling. It adds mega SLIP!
  2. Minimal heat has definitely made my transition easier as well. I rarely add head to my hair right now because I cant stand dealing with the two textures
  3. Co-Washing! When I first tried co-washing I definitely couldn’t get with it, but as I kept trying it, I felt that my hair retained more moisture and made my hair more manageable
  4. Pony-tails and buns! I’m a student and I refuse to straighten my hair all the time so the pony tails and buns have been my chosen protective style.
  5. Treat your hair like its fine silk during the transition process. Its very hard not to get frustrated with your hair and you want to basically yank it out. But even though I am transitioning, I’m also in it for retention. Until I BC I will be holding on to whatever hair I have!
  6. Watch Youtube and visit hair blogs and forums for tips on how to retain hair and product reviews, but remember what works for everyone may or may not work for you. Don’t jump on every bandwagon you hear about. And of course Research new products before you buy them. That will save you money!
  7. Don’t be discouraged. The first time I transitioned I went 9 months strong, and then I got discouraged and peer pressured into slappin some Kreamy Krack in my head. As a result, my hair broke off drastically. That was the final straw and now Im in this for the long hall. Don’t let people tell you that going natural Is a waste of time. DO YOU BOO! Its your hair, do as you please with it.

Staples: Hydratherma Naturals Growth Lotion and Gro

wth Oil. IC protein gel (the clear one), Silicon Mix, Just for me Hair Milk detangler, Chi silk infusion, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration, Wide tooth comb and paddle brush, My Handy Dandy Scarf! (the term wrap it up aint just for me. Tie

your hair up at night to prevent breakage)

Goal Length: FULLY NATURAL BSL

BC Date: July 17th, 2011 (might change that who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment