9.09.2009

Unpretty

So all weekend I was pretty much sick and my appearance was definitely the last thing on my mind. My hair was in a horrible version of my bantu knot out and me taking very little time to do anything to it and the matting that it had done in my sleep only made matters much much worse. I looked like Sideshow Bob's neice. NAWT cool. Honestly, if I were someone else looking at me I would have give myself one big fat GIRL, NO! As I walked through the mall, I felt like everyone was staring at me and that really sucked! I noticed, though, that it wasn't the white people staring (as so many of us mistakenly assume will be the case) as there were black women staring at me. And I know what they were thinking "WTF is going on with her hair?!" Well, A) I'm sick and B) I have no other excuse...but still, mind your business dammit! To make matters worse, I didn't have on any earrings or make up and looked like a straight up 12 year old boy. Not even a cute boy. I felt so...so unpretty. I seriously dreaded my reflection in the store windows. I was really goin through it ya'll! Granted, I wasn't at my apartment here at school and thus didn't have the proper tools to tame my hair anyway but I still just felt embarrassed about my appearance and let me be the first to tell you that foolishness just don't go down over here! I am not one to have low self esteem or feel bad about my appearance on any given day. Yes, I have my sweat pants and hoodie days and no, I don't wear make up most days out of the week but I still feel beautiful at all times. Yesterday was not the case. But don't worry guys, this morning I snatched Ms. Bre into a cute pony puff and felt good about myself again. Alls well and ends well I guess...Until next time dolls, happy healthy hair growing!

1 comment:

  1. everybody has bad hair days. white people, asian people, oriental people, middle eastern people ...EVERYONE.

    but just because you're having a bad HAIR day doesn't mean you're having a bad SKIN DAY, or bad case of PIMPLES ON THE FACE DAY. Feel me?

    This is all coming from a little tyrant who is mostly pessimistic.

    But trust, days like this one are the days that you work on your self confidence the most. Not the easiest thing to do .. but it has to be done for self-growth.

    -leslie`nikole.

    ReplyDelete