9.22.2009

Good News, Bad News

"My newgrowth curls are so camera shy!"-DJ

Hey hey hey! Week 21 has arrived and I am SO excited!!! Unfortunately, as the post title says, I have a little bad news. My camera's memory card USB adapter is broken! Until I get a new one I will not be able to post any digital pictures of my hair's progress. Honestly, the camera doesn't really show the progress too well anyway. I can feel my curlies coming in soooo nicely but when I take the pictures it's like "uhm, where's the curl dude?" lol. HOWEVER, the post title also says I have a little GOOD NEWS to share!!!!! (LOL don't get too excited it aint alla that!) The good news is I have a camera on my blackberry and although the quality will be just a notch above horrific, I can at least post something! So anyway, on with the moral of this story. I was playin around with some products last night after my co-wash and decided to see if SoftSheen.Carson's LET'S JAM! (picture below) would do anything special to my damp hair. Like I said, I can see and feel my little curls just lovely, but they never realllllyyy.....stay! So on the sides of my hair just above my ear, I applied a little LET'S JAM onto my damp/wet hair strands. The result was INCREDIBLE! I could see a definite curl pattern in my new growth and I was in love! To all my transitioners, LET'S JAM get's a Girl, yes! from me for exposing that little camera shy new growth! Here are a couple pictures. The first one is a picture of the LET'S JAM that I bought on campus at a rip off price of nearly $5.00! (yeh, I'm mad! lol) The second is a shot of the curl pattern that LET'S JAM helped to define and third shows my hair stretched. I think I'll suffer from sever shrinkage when I become fully natural! LOL...and that's JUST FINE! (click to enlarge)






Now, as you all know I keep things 100 here and I must say, I don't know if I would want to use LET'S JAM all over my head as a curl defining product. It does contain mineral oil, which as we know can be very drying to us naturals and permies alike! Also, the consistency doesn't really float my boat too much. It's very thick and sticky and I feel like if I were to use this all over as a curl defining product that it may weigh my hair down. On the up side though, by the end of the day I can't even tell I put any in. (actually I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing...) There are other, lighter products that claim to have the same result as I got in my little experiment (i.e. Kinky Curly Curling Custard, ECO Styler Gel, etc.) While I have not actually used either product personally, I have felt the texture of KCCC and would much rather have something of that consistency on my hair than I would LET'S JAM. But of course, most ladies (including myself) use LET'S JAM for their edges. As far as slickin these suckas back, I would rate LET'S JAM at a 7/10. It definitely gets them back but it fails miserably at the "extra hold" part. Just a few hours into the day, and my sides are already getting frizzy! That is so not cute! I'm not sure if it's just my hair that gives this product a hard time but this isn't something that I would give much praise to. Welp, I need to start getting ready for class dolls! Until next time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment