10.09.2009

Oh No She Didn't!

Oh yes I did girl, and I got the pictures! LOL I know ya'll like....what? Well, let me explain! This week is my university's annual homecoming week. We have events every week night that lead into our homecoming day parade and of course, the football game! As an executive board member of the National Council of Negro Women, I am going to be a part of the parade along with Miss NCNW. Our theme this year is retro. Basically we want to emphasize the longevity that NCNW has enjoyed through the years and pay homage to the ladies who came before us in our organization. I chose the 1960's as my decade to honor. Last night I stood in the mirror for hours trying to figure out the best way to manipulate my bantu knot TWA into a style that best matched the 60's. Sadly, my curlies failed me. I decided to do a co-wash (with NuGro), a deep treatment with LeKair Cholesterol plus and put a little heat to my hair. Of course, I used heat protectant (hydratherma naturals hearbal gloss heat protectant) I think that's the only product from that line that I don't have a problem with..but that's another story all together. Anyway, I digress...after making sure each section of my hair was completely protected from the heat I blowfried it with my yellowbird blowdryer (which I love to death) and used my chi ceramic flat iron to straighten my hair. Before using the chi I made sure to apply another coat of the heat protectant. My hair came out BEAUTIFUL! Bouncy, shiny and FULL of body! I am in love. I almost missed my straight hair after seeing the end result. Not enough to relax again though! Honestly, my roots get a lot straighter with my 2 1/2 inches of newgrowth than it did with the perm! This right here is pure confirmation that relaxers no longer have a place in my life and definitely not in my hair! Sidebar: Good Hair comes to theaters today! I may or may not be going to see it tomorrow! I'm excited. If and when I go I'll be sure to blog my reviews! Below are a few pictures of the products and tools that I used and of course a couple shots of my hair :) As always ladies, click to enlarge & until next time Happy Healthy Hair Growing!








No comments:

Post a Comment