10.25.2009

Hair Over Health?

"I hope you're not going to put any water in your hair"-my mom

As previously stated, I was super sick all weekend. Today is Sunday and my hair looks a conflab FOOL! Just before leaving my home for school my mother said to me "I hope you're not going to put any water in your hair". Now, if I wasn't transitioning my first response would be "heck no". But I am, and without water...I am lost. Seriously. What am I supposed to do with my hair? The roots are matted and the ends are bone straight! My professors will not allow me into their classes with a rag on my head and frankly, as a leader on my campus, I don't feel comfortable representing myself or my organization in such a fashion anyway. So what's a girl to do? I don't know, but I know one thing..my fever has gone down and I'm about 90% sure that I won't get an excuse to miss class due to my illness and thus, my hair can no longer get an excuse because of my illness. Sorry mom, grandma, and every other black woman who's ever had any kind of influenece on my life but I am most definitely washing my hair while sick. I promise it'll be dry by morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment