4.23.2010

Hawaiian Silky

A few posts ago I told you all that I had bought a couple new products. One of which being Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker 14-in-1. I must say that I REALLY love this product. It claims to moisturize hair, strengthen, define curls, soften, add shine, soothe dry scalp, reduce breakage for healthy braids, repair chemical damage, increase body and act as a thermal protectant. I got it at Sally's for $4.79 for a 16 Fl Oz bottle which isn't a bad price at all! The only reason this product even caught my eye is because of the previous reviews I had seen on youtube from youtuber DPrincess28 and she was NOT exaggerating. The product adds great slip and dries invisible. Although it comes in a spray bottle, it's about the consistency of a scented hand lotion from maybe Bath & Body Works.

Now I'm sure a lot of you can relate when I see it is EASY to become a product junkie when you're looking for that one product that just does EVERYTHING that you want but none seem to be able to stand up to the challenge. Well, I won't say that I've found my EVERYTHING in this product but it comes VERY close! My biggest issue used to be that I couldn't find a product that I could leave in my hair to define my curls and at the same time also leave them soft, touchable, and not STICKY! Hawaiian Silky has been all that to me and honestly, depending on the look I'm going for, it's all I need. However, it doesn't weight my hair down enough and my hair isn't long enough to weight itself down for the look that I've been doing lately so I go ahead and use my Olive Oil Eco Styler gel on top of it!

As far as the negatives, this product does have Mineral Oil listed as it's 4th ingredient which we all know isn't something that we want in our hair. I've been making sure I use a mild shampoo weekly to prevent product build up. Also, I use a sulfate shampoo about once a month to really cleanse my hair from any cones and other product build up. Since the weather outside has been pretty warm, frequent washes aren't an issue but once winter rolls back around, we'll see if/how I adjust my regimen to fit this product in. Other than that though, I am all smiles!

If you haven't been able to tell so far, Hawaiian Silky get a GIRL, YES! from me! I would highly recommend giving it a shot and at $4.79 a pop, what do you really have to lose?! Hope this helps someone! Here's a picture to help your in your search!

4 comments:

  1. I love Hawaiin Silky, I was looking for a product for my curly hair and I had this other product in my hand at Sally's and the lady who worked there told me it was actually for Jeri Curl (lol) and suggested Hawaiin Silky. ;) i haven't had it in a month and I am going crazy, have to re-stock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it as well but sometimes I have to mix it with something heavier cuz it makes my hair fuzzy soft when it reaches max-moisture. The high glycerine content and the non greasy feel when it drys outweighs the little bit of mineral oil. I am looking for a oil lotion format. So far...no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No no no to that shampoo! Use Dr. Bronner's castille magic soap for your poo washes. It does a VERY good job at getting rid of product build up--without the harsh chemicals. They sell a big bottle of it at whole foods for $9.00. It'll last you a while because you only need a few drops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No no no to that shampoo! Use Dr. Bronner's castille magic soap for your poo washes. It does a VERY good job at getting rid of product build up--without the harsh chemicals. They sell a big bottle of it at whole foods for $9.00. It'll last you a while because you only need a few drops.

    ReplyDelete