5.03.2010

One Year

So last Thursday marked my FIRST YEAR POST RELAXER!!! I can honestly say that it went by rather quickly! I didn't do anything special to my hair on that date but last night I decided to put my hair in a micro twist set using just my hair. I did the set on dry hair using my whipped shea butter that I made a couple months back. Between each section, I also applied megatek to my scalp. In total, it took me about 8 hours with about 2-3 5 minutes breaks in between. My arms were killing me but once I finished the first half I had no choice but to do the second. My advice to anyone attempting to do a twist set like this is to allot at least 1 full day to the process. I started my hair at around 3:30 and didn't finish until almost midnight! If it weren't Sunday, I would have just slapped a bonnet on and finished in the morning! I don't know much about how to care for them, but I do know that they make for a great protective style and I plan to keep them for as long as I can! My minimum goal is at least 2 weeks if I can keep them up for that long. So far what I love most about them is the fact that I have so many styling options. Right now I have the front twisted up and the back is out. I played around with two french braids last night and it was lookin kinda cute, maybe I'll give that a go later on this week. Well, enough wrappin...here are some pictures! Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment