2.08.2011

Name That Style

"All I had were the bobby pins in my head!"-DJ

Over the weekend I went to visit my old campus where I spent some time with my sorority sisters and my college friends. While I was there, there was a party on campus that I unexpectedly attended. Unfortunately, I was ill prepared. I really wasn't expecting to do anything extravagant to myself while there and didn't bring any hair supplies! All I had to work with were the bobby pins in my head! Thankfully though, my old roommates helped me out with some extra pins and a ponytail holder and I was able to throw together this style. It's another, more funky version of the muted ponytail. One of my sorority sisters said it was reminiscent of Janelle Monae's spunky, offbeat style; a compliment that I enthusiastically accepted! I really can't think of what to call it so it's really up to you guys. It was simple enough to achieve. Like I said, all I had was a ponytail and some bobby pins. Want a tutorial? Let me know!

(Note: my sides were not yet gelled down in these pictures!)

1 comment: