2.17.2011

Following Directions

Over the past few weeks I've been trying something new. I have been following directionsplaced on my conditioner bottle! As naturals, we tend to bend the rules a bit. Sometimes, we just shatter them all together! I can say with confidence that I am not the only one who has left a non leave in conditioner in for longer than the bottle directions advised or even used it as a styling product! I'm sure there's a reason for the advised usage instructions or else companies wouldn't take the time to place them on their bottles, right? Right! Although it's very tempting to just leave my Aussie Moist or Proclaim conditioner in over night, I take the time to rinse it out and use a proper leave in conditioner. For now, I'm using Giovanni Direct Leave In or Mixed Chicks Leave In along with coconut oil to seal my ends. Allowing the conditioner to stay in for the advised time and then rinsing has actually left my hair a lot silkier. However, I do love how it works as a styling product and may eventually return to my bad habits once it warms up outside. Those wash and go's were amazing! LOL, so for now I'm being as good as I can be and following directions. Maybe long term I'll notice some more benefits and be able to compare and contrast. During a hair forum that I attended, I learned that leaving in non leave in conditioners will dry the hair out, but I never experienced that first hand. We'll see though.

Until Next Time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment