12.19.2009

Hold Your Fire!

Okay, so I know I've been gone for the longest, closer to forever, but I have a GREAT reason! SCHOOL!!! You all know I'm in school and this has been my most stressful semester for a whole array of reasons. SMH, but we won't dwell. Let me quickly update you all on a couple things that has taken place. We'll start with my huge semester accomplishment that I am just ITCHING to share! So, what's pretty on it's left...and pretty on it's right? What's so so pretty it can't sleep at night? What's the first AND the finest? Why, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated of course! And that's why I am a part of the Fall 2009 line to cross at my University! YAAAAY Go Donna! LOL. I am #17 and my line name is AKApella. For those of you who don't know, I sing :)

Okay so on to things you all probably care just a tad bit more to know about. This is my 33rd week post relaxer! So that's 8 months by the 4 week=a month rule and 7 months by the 29th of the month rule. I haven't put any scissors to my hair so I'm still going strong on my no scissor challege!! My next trim will be on January 30th 2010! My new growth is a lot longer now but I think my obsession with my hair has subsided thank GOD lol. The weeks were inching by when I was always in my hair and had my hair aspirations constantly on my mind. My current hair status over the past few weeks is blown out and flat ironed for two reasons. One, it's cold out and washing my hair every few days is simply not gonna happen! I can't afford to go out with my pores open and risk flu especially with things like the swine flu going around and things such as that. Also, my hair stays straighter longer with the weather being colder so I don't have to worry about applying frequent heat to maintain the style. So it's all good!

Second reason for the straight style: doing my beloved puffs and twisted styles everyday has began to take it's toll on my edges. :( While I was aware that this would happen, those style are the only ones I was comfortable wearing with my bantu knot outs. Don't be alarmed though my loves, my edges aren't bad at all! As a matter of fact, I'm the only one who noticed a change! These are just precautions! I figure, keeping my hair straight will give my edges the much needed break and allow me to switch my look up for a however long I want. Well, I'll be back soon loves! School is over, however I'm nowhere near my computer and I must be honest, I hate blogging on this laptop! I know I owe you all major so maybe I'll make a few exceptions while I'm away from school! I do have more to tell!

Until next time...Happy Healthy Hair Growing!

P.S., don't forget ladies, if you'd like to be a Trader Girl for Girl, Yes! all you have to do is send an email to donnajenay@aol.com and you will be featured on my blog telling your side of the natural story! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment