1.23.2011

Product Review: Ganier Fructis Triple Nutrition

Hey Guys! Back again with another Product Review! This time, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Shampoo & Conditioner! It isn't everyday that I review a shampoo so listen up!

The Conditioner:
Honestly, I wouldn't rate this conditioner as any kind of extraordinary, phenomenal or ground breaking product. It's just a conditioner. I guess the only thing that could really put this one over the top and onto my recommendation list would be the price. I found this at Walmart for about $2.50. The ingredients in it are of quality so this price really can't be beat. Its first ingredient is water which automatically lets us know that this product is going to be moisturizing to the hair. Cetearyl Alcohol is next which of course scares us because of the "alcohol" but this is actually an ingredient that we want to see in our conditioners as it adds weight without leaving the hair greasy. It also contains Behentrimonium Chloride which helps to detangle, as well as various oils and fruit extracts. The only product that really set off an alarm is the Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine which was also seen in the Proclaim Olive Glossing Conditioner that I reviewed last week but upon research, its rare that this ingredient actually does any damage to the hair. The greatest measure I could see myself going to to avoid any damage would be to simply not leave the product in my hair for extended periods of time (i.e., as a leave in). Other than that, I think you should be fine. Overall, this conditioner is a really good conditioner, especially for the price. It has great ingredients that speak to the curly population. However, I think the Proclaim is the better conditioner and would not recommend this conditioner over that one.

The Shampoo:
Now, while I kind of played the conditioner to the far left, I must say that this shampoo is freakin' great! It runs for the same price as the conditioner: cheap! Honestly, I really couldn't care less what was on this ingredients list. Whatever it is, it's winning. BUUUT, for your sake, I will actually care for just a few minutes, hehe. So first is water, of course, next is Sodium Laureth Sulfate which as we know is not as damaging as Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate. This ingredient is marked as "okay" in the ingredient dictionary which means that it is not damaging. It is simply a cleanser, which, *shrug* shampoos need. All in all, the ingredients are of quality an pose no threat to curly/kinky hair. What I personally love most about this shampoo is how it does not leave that moisture stripped, squeaky clean feeling as most shampoos do. As natural haired women, we need to keep as much moisture in our strands as possible. Curly hair without moisture is often very frizzy, matted and highly prone to breakage. This shampoo leaves the hair feeling clean yet moisturized. I have to stop myself from overusing it. I usually use shampoo about once a month but with this I might go crazy and start to use it once a week or once every two weeks. Please ladies, do yourself a favor and GO BUY this shampoo! All you need is a ride to your nearest Walmart, 3 dollar bills and a pocket to put the change in! I'm telling you, it's worth it! If I ever get organized enough to do so, I will be creating a regimen for myself and this shampoo will most definitely be in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment