1.14.2011

Bigger Is Better

As you all may have gathered, I enjoy my mini twist styles. However, mini twists take me anywhere between 6 1/2 to nearly 8 hours! After being on my youtube and looking at a few of my subscriptions, I was inspired to try my twists a little differently; bigger. The obvious benefit to making my twists larger was that it would most certainly reduce the time it takes to install them dramatically. Also, it offers me an out whenever I get tired of them without thinking of all my hard work going to waste. So, I did it. I did my twists about double their usual size and it only took me about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Major difference. It was almost a breeze. I will say, however, old habits die hard. I have a few twists in the bunch that are a little smaller than the rest just because it felt weird to be gathering that much hair. So I plan to keep these until...well, whenever I get tired of them.

So lets rewind. <<<< Remember when I was telling you guys about how I was pondering a second chop after my graduation pictures and yadda yadda yadda? Well, I think I have leaned back over to the side of reconsideration. I'm not sure that's exactly what I want to do anymore. While I do still want a fresh start, I just don't think I'm ready to let go of the length that I've acquired so far. Not saying my hair is anywhere near long, I just feel as though I've come a heck of a long way from last year and I don't really want to go through all of that again. So fast forward to the present >>>> Unfortunately, I've noticed a major change in my hair. The thing I've feared since before I even did my big chop last March. Yup, you guessed it: DAMAGE! My hair is damaged you guys. I'm not exactly sure when or how it happened but all signs are pointing toward my dye job and excessive heat over the fall semester. Bad, Bad, Bad! If you remember, my pattern in the front was ridiculously loose anyway. But now? Its almost non-existent and I hate it. So instead of a second big chop, I guess you can call what I plan to do a second transition. I'll mark the beginning as late August 2010. I will continue to do trims until all of my damage is gone and try to do better at taking care of my hair. That means more protective styles, more deep conditioning treatments and less heat. Eventually (not sure when) I want to go on a 12 month NO HEAT challenge. I've got to get my hair back to the condition that it was in last summer. And I will.

P.S., this post is dedicated to my best friend Tasha who harrassed me for at least 20 minutes via skype about blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment