1.17.2011

Motivation For The Masses

"any goal is attainable but no journey is immaculate"-DJ

This post has absolutely nothing to do with hair. I repeat, this post has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with hair!

Over the past two weeks or so I've been trying to lose weight. I started with the Special K diet and lost 4 lbs in the first week! Diet and exercise was definitely working out for me. But then....week two came and I actually gained 2 of those pounds back! I was miserable, depressed even. Probably one of the worsts feelings I've felt in a while. But I was reminded of these words: "failure is not falling, but choosing to stay down". I find those words profound for two important reasons. One, it acknowledges that falling is a part of the journey. We're all human and even those who we all look up to in their successes have more than likely had times of doubt, discourage and sadness; three feelings that I knew all too well when I stepped on that scale. This part of the quote says to me, any goal is attainable but no journey is immaculate. The second reason is the part of the quote that says "choosing to stay down". This, to me, says that no matter how defeated you may feel in whatever it is that you're trying to accomplish, you will always, Always, ALWAYS have the choice to either give up, or continue to push onward. Whatever failures or obstacles you may come across don't have to be permanent. They can be knocked down and not allowed to distract or discourage you from what you were so excited about on day one. Today is day 17 for me and I've worked out almost every single day. I don't plan to give up, I plan to push harder for what I want and I hope that this motivates you all not to give up on any goal that you are currently trying to reach. Even past failures. Its never too late to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment