1.24.2011

Honey Olive Oil Treatment

The other day I came at you guys with some home made conditioning recipes for you to try out. Well, I tried out the Honey & Olive Oil treatment and I must say I LOVED it! I, of course, did things a little different but my hair turned out absolutely incredibly and I had to share with you all.

The Recipe:
Suave Humectant Conditioner (enough to be applied to your entire head)
Pure Honey (2 tbsp)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (2 tbsp)
Mega-Tek (2 tbsp) I only added this because I needed protein but didn't want to use egg.

The Process:
First, I co-washed and detangled with Ganier Fructis Fortifying Triple Nutrition Conditioner, and twisted up my rinsed hair in small sections to prevent tangles. I left my hair uncovered while mixing up the ingredients to my conditioner so it wasn't soaking wet when I applied the conditioner. To apply, I simply untwisted each twist and applied conditioner to one of the two sections at a time before twisting that section back up. (hope that made sense) I repeated this process until my entire head was conditioned and twisted back up. For about 20-30 minutes I sat under my hooded dryer with the settings on high heat and then rinsed in warm water. First off, my hair felt stronger to the touch when i rinsed, I think I can thank the Megatek's protein for this. Secondly, when I looked in the mirror, I could actually see my curls and waves. Usually, after rinsing my hair it's just a mass of hair sitting on top of my head; no curl, no waves, just matted and mangled hair. These two positive and instant improvements to my hair are enough to get me to use this recipe again as well as recommend it to you all.

After rinsing, I used my Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner and a little Coconut Oil and flat two strand twisted my hair back in 6 twists for my hair to dry overnight. I used a little castor oil to seal the ends of my twists and tied my hair up for the night. Not allowing my hair to dry while it's out is a part of my effort toward healthier hair, as allowing hair to do so often causes single strand knots which, as we know, are just another form of split ends!

Here are some of the products mentioned in this post:






1 comment: