1.01.2011

Happy New Year!

Feliz Anos Nuevo! That's HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's 2011 and I am definitely ready for the wonderful things that this year will have in store! My only real resolution for this year is to lose 20 lbs by May for my graduation. I figure the more people I tell, the more likely I am to stick with it. This would mean the world to me if I were able to accomplish my goal and reap the benefits of the hard work that I plan to put forth. My first step is the obvious: begin working out; but I want to take it much further than that. I want to limit my drinks to only water and my new favorite health drink Bolthouse Perfectly Protein Vanilla Chai Tea as well as cut back on junk foods, greasy foods and fast foods. Three things that I refuse to give up however: Chic Fil A breakfast biscuits, Wise Cheez Doodles and cream of crab soup from this amazing seafood place near my house. Now these foods aren't an every day thing and thus they shouldn't pose too big of an issue in my journey. Also, my sister is giving up meat throughout her own personal weight loss journey which should make it a little easier for me to stay on track. Today I'm going to ride the stationary bike and tomorrow I will power walk around my neighborhood with my sister. She's a bit under the weather and so we're playing it safe by not going out today.

As far as my hair goes, I don't really have any resolutions. I have, however, been toying with the idea of a second chop. My ends are horrible and I think I have identified my hair's natural enemy: the blowdryer. It seems no matter how many split ends I trim, right after I blowdry, I am greeted by the same problem again. I will probably be chopping shortly after my graduation pictures are taken since I think I want a little length for that. Now, when am I taking my pictures? Who knows! I'll definitely keep you all updated though. But enough about me. What are your New Year's Hair Resolutions? Share in a comment! I'd love to know! Until next time, Happy Healthy Hair Growing!

P.S., just a quick update, I successfully completed my No Heat challenge. I did not apply direct heat to my hair until the night before Christmas! I'm pretty proud of myself on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment