8.10.2010

Updates

"but it's just the principal of it all!" -DJ

There is much to be discussed! Hello all, I'm back with a few updates as well as a product review. First off let me start by saying that my hair has been going through it. As you all may or may not know, I've been on a growth challenge until March 14, 2011 which would be the one year mark since my big chop that I did in March of this year. This was to include a specific regimen of deep conditioning, low heat and low manipulation styles but above all NO SCISSORS! Well let me tell you, all that went straight out the window! Last night was the first time in a good month that I was able to find the time and energy to do a baking soda treatment which as you all know used to be a part of my weekly regimen on my hair fridays. My hair wasn't terribly harmed by this but it's just the principal of it all! THEN! Oh, then...I allowed my cousin to use a brush to blow dry my hair. (what the hell was I thinking about?!) My ends were so broken off and became so fragile, that the only thing left to do was to cut them off. That's right guys, I had to cut my hair. Anywhere from 1"-2" GONE...on the floor, finito, adios, no more, hasta NEVER EVER AGAIN! I was SO distraught! Here's a few pics. The first if my hair on the floor. It doesn't look like much but it was about 2" off in some spots and no less and 1" anywhere except the front. The second is a shot of my lengthe very next day. *sigh*




See? It looks a bloody mess! However, I can honestly say that it was all a blessing in disguise. My hair did the same crazy mess is did back in march when I first cut it, so I learned that my hair does go into shock after being cut and does a horrible job of holding a curl. However, after a full week (which is about the same length of time it took in March) I can also say that my curls haven't looked this good in a while. Before I show you guys a picture of my hair as of this past Saturday, I want to first get into this product review.
_______________________________________________
GODDESS CURLS: sucks.



Well, at least for me it did. As stated above, my hair was in shock when I first cut it which is also about the time I gave this sucka a shot. I had a few issue with this product though. One, I had to use entirely too much of it and the bottle is not that big. If this were something I used once or twice a week I'd be buying this about once or twice a month and at $9.99 a pop, I'm sorry I just can't. Not when the Olive Oil Eco Styler gel does a much better job and at a MUCH better price! Two, the texture of it was just way too sticky! I remember reading on naturallycurly.com that with hair types such as mine (3C/4A) heavy creams and puddings work best to style with. This just does not have the correct consistency. I would love to know how this works on maybe a strictly 3 typed hair (i.e. 3A, 3A/3B, 3B/3C) One great thing about this product however is that it contains NO sulfates, silicones, parabens, or mineral or petrolatum oils! Goddess Curls is just one product of an entire line that caters to curly hair. I would love to try their other products some day; but this particular product? On my hair? Oh girl, no!
_______________________________________________
So as promised here's a shot of my hair from Saturday. This is actually a wash and go from the day before. Ya'll know how I feel about saying wash-and-go when it really aint one though! LOL. I co-washed, styled with my eco styler gel and THEN went! :) The second day i just ran my hands under warm water and gently pressed the water into my hair and gave it a good SHAKE! The first two are from Saturday and the last is from a couple hours ago.







I guess I owe you guys a new length check post as well just to get things back in order.. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment